...Red flag warning now in effect until 10 PM EDT this evening
for low relative humidity and gusty winds for portions of
northeast Pennsylvania and central and northern New Jersey.
* Winds...northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Timing...winds will continue to diminish after sunset and
relative humidity will increase through the night as
* Relative humidity...as low as 18 percent.
* Temperatures...in the mid to upper 50s.
* Impacts...the combination of windy conditions and low relative
humidity values will lead to a more rapid spread rate of any
fires that may develop. Residents are encouraged to exercise
fire prevention with any outdoor activities and properly
dispose of smoking materials.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now...or will shortly due to a combination
of strong winds...low relative humidity...and dry fuels. Any
fires that develop may quickly get out of control and become
difficult to contain.
For more information about wildfire danger...burn restrictions...
and wildfire prevention and education...please visit your state
forestry or environmental protection website.