...Red flag warning remains in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 9 PM MST this evening...
A red flag warning remains in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 9 PM MST this evening for strong and gusty winds...low relative humidities...and a high fire danger rating for eastern Cochise...southeast Graham and southern Greenlee counties.
* Affected area...eastern Cochise County...southeastern Graham County...and southern Greenlee County.
* Timing...strong westerly winds will begin around 1 PM today and are expected to diminish after sunset.
* Winds...20 to 30 mph southwest to west 20-foot winds with gusts of 35 to 40 mph.
* Relative humidity...minimum relative humidity values are expected to be between 4 to 10 percent.
* Impacts...conditions will be conducive for rapid fire growth.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area...visit weather.Gov/Tucson and click on the detailed hazards tab
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will create the potential for rapid and erratic fire growth.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the field of the red flag warning for portions of Southeast Arizona.