...Red flag warning in effect from 10 am to 8 PM EDT Thursday for low relative humidty and strong wind for eastern Pennsylvania...most of New Jersey...Delaware and the Eastern Shore of Maryland...
* winds...northwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Timing...strongest winds will be late morning into the early afternoon Thursday, with the lowest humidities from late morning into the early evening.
* Relative humidity...as low as the upper teens to low 20s.
* Temperatures...ranging form the upper 5os and low 60s up north, to the mid to upper 60s elsewhere.
* Impacts...the combination of windy conditions and low relative humidity values will lead to a more rapid spread rate of any fires that may develop. Residents are encouraged to exercise fire prevention with any outdoor activities and properly dispose of smoking materials.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly due to a combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and dry fuels. Any fires that develop may quickly get out of control and become difficult to contain.
For more information about wildfire danger...burn restrictions... and wildfire prevention and educatioin...please visit your state forestry or environmental protection website.